Now let’s learn how to organize your app, by adding content and features into it.
The steps are:
- Create your app and fill in basic settings
- Navigate your main screen
- Edit your bottom menu
1. Create your app and fill in basic settings
Click on your brand name on the left side menu, and select “My Apps”. This shows all the apps and templates you have. Go to the top right corner and click “Create app”.
You’ll arrive at a menu where you can choose some basic settings for your app. All of these settings can be changed later.
- Choose the main colors and app icon on the “General” tab
- The top of the app is called “Toolbar” – on the tab you can choose what shows there
- Choose what your splash screen looks like on the “Splash” tab
Once you’re ready, click “Create” on the bottom right.
2. Navigate to your main screen
Here you can manage your app. Click to “Main screen”.
- You can see the “Toolbar” you made on the top of the screen.
- On the bottom of the screen you’ll see a standard bottom navigation of your app.
These are the main parts of your app. You can change them, and determine what content is shown to the user.
3. Edit your bottom menuGo to the right side of the screen and scroll down to “Bottom navigation”. There you can edit texts, colors, and fonts.
You can see the menu items on the grey background. By default, they’re “Home”, “Vote” and “More”.
You can add them by clicking on the green “+ Add item” on the bottom, and delete them from the “x” on the top right corner of each menu item.
Choose the names and icons of the menu items. Edit all of the bottom menu settings like you see fit.
Finally you can choose where these buttons link to (“Set navigation”).
There are several options for linking.
- If you don’t know what to add to each button yet, let’s dedicate the buttons for:
- The content for these menu items need to be created first. You can follow the links above to learn how to create each of the elements.
You can follow these examples or go by your own plans.
Now you have a bottom menu. Great!
Let’s create the content and features next.
Looking for information on specific settings?